Celebrate the LIVE UNITED award winners and enter for your chance to WIN $5,000!
2021 Victory Celebration
United Way of Paducah-McCracken County's annual Victory Celebration was held at Walker Hall Event Center on Thursday, September 16, 2021. Victory Celebration is a partnership with the Fred Paxton Challenge for Charities and is presented by Swift & Staley, Inc.
The Victory Celebration included the excitement of a jackpot raffle with a mission focused message and award ceremony. Betsy Burkeen, United Way of Paducah-McCracken County Chief Executive Officer (CEO) announced more than one million dollars in impact to the community for the 2020-2021 fiscal year which ended March 31, 2021. These dollars provide direct services in the areas of education, income and health and help fund programs for 13 local partner agencies. United Way funds were collected through workplace campaigns, community donations, COVID relief money including Cares Act and EFSP dollars, in-kind donations and endowment funds through the Fred Paxton Challenge for Charities and the Community Foundation of West Kentucky.
Annual awards were presented to honor individuals and organizations that have directly impacted the community through their partnership and dedication to the United Way. Awards winners are:
- Overall Campaign of the Year – Computer Services, Inc.
- Largest Campaign Increase – McMurry & Livingston, PLLC
- New Supporter of the Year – Pine Bluff Materials
- Live United Corporate Partnership – WPSD Local 6
- Live United Small Business Partnership – A&SG Film and Sound Makers
- Samuel S. Sloan Employee Campaign Coordinator of the Year – CSI Team: Mary Fryberger, Penny Knott and Emily Perrin
- Ladd Mathis Lifetime Achievement Award – Mike Muscarella, Baptist Health Paducah
- Live United Community Award, Education - Amanda Farley, Morgan Elementary School
- Live United Community Award, Income – Billie Preston, Lifeline Recovery Center
- Live United Community Award, Health – Candace Melloy, Family Service Society
- Live United Community Award, Youth – Jake Taylor, Paducah Tilghman High School Graduate
Carol Fristoe was drawn as the winner of the jackpot raffle grand prize of $5,000.
Swift & Staley representative Amanda Scott assisted with the jackpot drawing that was broadcast live on the United Way of Paducah-McCracken County and WPSD Local 6 Facebook pages and on the WPSD Local 6 noon newscast.
Brandon Hall, 2019-2020 United Way Board President, recapped his year of service and announced campaign totals for the 2019-2020 fiscal year. Outgoing Board President Maegan Mansfield, Project Manager/Engineer at Bacon Farmer Workman Engineering & Testing, shared highlights from the 2020-2021 campaign year and officially passed the gavel to incoming Board President Sherry Wessel, General Manager of Harrah’s Metropolis. United Way CEO Besty Burkeen presented Brandon Hall a Duke of Paducah award and Maegan Mansfield a Duchess of Paducah award in honor of their service.
In response to community health concerns, this event was held in person at Walker Hall Event Center with a virtual option available for sponsors and individual ticket holders. Proceeds from this event will be used to impact the local community in the areas of education, income and health. For more information visit unitedwaypaducah.org or call 270-442-1691.
Charitable Gaming License Number ORG0002165
2021 Board President Sherry Wessel accepts the gavel from 2020 Board President Maegan Mansfield